The NAACSPF Coordinator is a full‐time position that assists the NAACSPF Coalition to reduce the misuse of alcohol by youth and young adults. The Coordinator is staff to the coalition as it implements the five‐step Strategic Prevention Framework process, which includes the community needs assessment, capacity building, strategic planning, program implementation, and program evaluation. The Coordinator works under the direction and supervision of the non‐profit lead community organization and the NAACSPF Coalition.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to develop effective collaborative relationships.
- Ability to clearly articulate purpose, goals and objectives both verbally and in writing. Ability to listen and integrate county stakeholder feedback and recommendations.
- Experience in community organizing, community or organizational development, and/or substance abuse prevention.
- Leadership characteristics including an ability to adapt approach, style and methods to best engage, empower and sustain the involvement of community partners as necessary.
- Must be detail oriented; able to track and follow through and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in community organizing, public health, or human services preferred. Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) status is a plus.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assist the Awardee and AACDOH Prevention Coordinator and/or Prevention staff to build, maintain and expand an inclusive, culturally competent and sustainable coalition to reduce the misuse of alcohol by youth and young adults in the community.
- Assist the Community MSPF Coalition to implement the five‐step MSPF process:
- Capacity Building – provide public awareness of the coalition and its efforts to reduce misuse of alcohol; recruit members; assess and address Coalition strengths and needs.
- Needs Assessment – assist the Coalition and local MSPF Evaluator with youth alcohol data collection and analysis; prioritization of MSPF youth alcohol indicators, contributing factors, target populations and specific neighborhoods to be addressed; completion of the MSPF Community Needs Assessment Report.
- Strategic Planning – assist the Coalition and the local MSPF Evaluator to incorporate the results from the MSPF Community Needs Assessment Report and assessment process into its MSPF community logic models and MSPF Strategic Plan submission to ADAA.
- Program Implementation – assist the Coalition and the local MSPF Evaluator to implement the evidence‐based prevention activities detailed in its MSPF Strategic Plan.
- Program Evaluation – assist the Coalition, the local MSPF Evaluator, and any selected vendors and partners to evaluate the implementation and outcomes of the prevention activities included in the Strategic Plan; compile information for required progress and evaluation reports.
- Administrative – schedule/convene meetings; maintain/disseminate agendas, minutes; prepare reports and Coalition documents; attend required MSPF training sessions; communicate with Prevention Coordinator and/or Prevention Staff, 501 (c)(3) organization and the Coalition.
How To Apply
Please send resume and short cover letter to Program Supervisor, Michael Dorsey, email@example.com – Subject line: MSPF Coordinator Applicant