Speak Your Truth! 2018
“Speak Your Truth!” is back to support NAMI-AAC with another powerful night of local artists & citizens using their voices to get real about emotional struggles. Annapolis hip-hop legend, The Genius Child, will again be MCing the event w
ith precision balance of heart & good vibes. We’ll have an open mic session for anyone compelled to share. Portion of food & drink proceeds will also go to support NAMI-AAC.
We are blessed this year by these talented pros (click names for link) coming to speak their truth…
- Behind the Façade Clothiers – These DC fashion designers and artists use their work to shine light on mental illness. They partnered with us on design elements and are launching their brand new line of clothing at a pop-up boutique (with portion of proceeds going to support NAMI-AAC)!
- Dr. Ashley Elliott (dance/movement therapy & advocate)
- MeMe Manning & Miss Rita (DC standup comics)
- Joe Martin (local rock legend playing rare solo act)
- Rob Stokes (Acclaimed DC rocker playing rare solo act)
- Kid Soul (DC poet & hip-hop artist)
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is street parking around the venue. Paid lot nearby at Knighton Garage (Corner of Colonial Avenue and West Street; 410-263-7170). You can try apps like Parkingpanda.com or Spothero.com to reseverve & pay for discount parking. Consider using Uber/Lyft/Taxi to get to & from the event.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can do one of the following:
-message us via Facebook
-email the main organizer (email@example.com)
-call NAMI-AAC helpline (443-569-3493)
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. Electronic confirmation will suffice.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All ages show, but themes & language will be for a more mature audience. Need ID if you plan on drinking one of their many tasty alcoholic beverages though.