Western Anne Arundel County Substance Abuse Prevention (WASP)
WASP is taking the sting out of Alcohol Crashes, Binge Drinking and Underage Drinking.
WASP aims to prevent alcohol and other drug use among youth, and promote safe and healthy behaviors.
Establish a safe and informed community without underage drinking or abuse of alcohol and other drugs.
- Reduce underage drinking among youth
- Reduce binge drinking
- Reduce alcohol-related crashes
- Develop and implement culturally competent, evidence-based, environmental prevention strategies
- Compliance checks of liquor establishments
- Implement awareness activities
- Educate parents, youth and the community
- Provide media advocacy
- Provide education to the community or your organization
Not My Child and Meade Poster Contest
The Anne Arundel County Department of Health’s Adult Addiction Program is offering FREE training to community members on the use of intranasal naloxone to reverse an opioid overdose and prevent death. Trainees will receive a free naloxone nasal kit to administer to victims of opioid overdose.
Classes are Scheduled for:
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 – 10:00 a.m. – noon
- Thursday, April 12, 2018 – 10:00 a.m. – noon
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018 – 10:00 a.m. – noon
- Thursday, June 21, 2018 – 10:00 a.m. – noon
Classes will be located at 3 Harry S. Truman Pkwy, Annapolis, Maryland 21401 (Front Entrance), 10 AM to 12 PM.
To register, call the Naloxone Training Line at 410-222-1937, Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM.
Pathways Family Wellness Workshop
The Pathways Family Wellness Workshop is a therapeutic and educational program for family members of adults or adolescents struggling with substance abuse. Through a combination of group therapy, learning sessions, and personal growth opportunities, participants will:
- Gain facts and understanding about addiction disease and substance abuse, as well as relapse prevention strategies.
- Examine stages of recovery for family members.
- Develop effective skills for communication, coping and boundary-setting.
- Participate in adventure therapy to increase self-awareness and behavioral changes that are important to the recovery process.
- Develop supportive relationships with other participating families
Breakfast & lunch are provided.
Areas We Serve
Our Members Include
AA County Board of License Commissioners
AA County Community Action Agency
AA County Department of Health
AA County Partnership for Children, Youth and Families
AA County Police Department
AA County Public Schools
Anne Arundel Community College
Chesapeake Center for Youth Development
Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney
Department of Juvenile Services
Faith Based Services
Hands of Hope, Inc.
Maryland Highway Safety Office
Maryland State Licensed Beverage Association
Pathways Treatment Facility
The IMPACT Society
Transforming the Community