Western Anne Arundel County Substance Abuse Prevention (WASP)
WASP is taking the sting out of Alcohol Crashes, Binge Drinking and Underage Drinking.
WASP aims to prevent alcohol and other drug use among youth, and promote safe and healthy behaviors.
Establish a safe and informed community without underage drinking or abuse of alcohol and other drugs.
- Reduce underage drinking among youth
- Reduce binge drinking
- Reduce alcohol-related crashes
- Develop and implement culturally competent, evidence-based, environmental prevention strategies
- Compliance checks of liquor establishments
- Implement awareness activities
- Educate parents, youth and the community
- Provide media advocacy
- Provide education to the community or your organization
Not My Child and Meade Poster Contest
Do you or someone you know have Unwanted, Unused, or Expired medications you want to dispose of safely?
Join us Saturday, October 28th, 10 AM to 2 PM, for Prescription Take Back Day!
All the police departments (listed below) will be open for the community to expose of unused, unwanted, or expired medications safely in their drop boxes!
1. Annapolis Police Department
199 Taylor Avenue, Annapolis, MD
2. Anne Arundel County PD – Northern District
939 Hammonds Lane, Baltimore, MD
3. Anne Arundel County PD – Southern District
35 Stepneys Lane in Edgewater, MD
4. Anne Arundel County PD – Eastern District
204 Pasadena Road in Pasadena, MD
5. Anne Arundel County PD – Western District
8273 Telegraph Road in Odenton, MD
6. Anne Arundel County Police Headquarters
8495 Veterans Highway, Millersville, MD
7. Maryland State Police
6800 Aviation Boulevard, Glen Burnie, MD
Medications that are accepted and are not accepted at drop box locations are described in the above Event image!
In the event that residents encounter controlled dangerous substances other than prescription medications, they should contact the Police Department to have an officer respond to collect those drugs.
Areas We Serve
Our Members Include
AA County Board of License Commissioners
AA County Community Action Agency
AA County Department of Health
AA County Partnership for Children, Youth and Families
AA County Police Department
AA County Public Schools
Anne Arundel Community College
Chesapeake Center for Youth Development
Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney
Department of Juvenile Services
Faith Based Services
Hands of Hope, Inc.
Maryland Highway Safety Office
Maryland State Licensed Beverage Association
Pathways Treatment Facility
The IMPACT Society
Transforming the Community