South County Bridges to a Drug Free Community
Become part of something that’s making a change and a difference in our community.
- Improve life pathways for a healthy community
- Prevent youth substance abuse
- Increase awareness and educate the community
- Promote individual neighborhood’s social, economic, spiritual, and emotional healing processes
We envision Southern Anne Arundel County as a whole community free of substance abuse.
- Decrease underage drinking, prescription drugs and marijuana usage
- Educate and provide education to parents, youth and community organizations
- Provide media advocacy
- Implement awareness activities
- Ensure liquor establishments check for ID and pass compliance checks
South County Bridges Events
Do you or someone you know have Unwanted, Unused, or Expired medications you want to dispose of safely?
Join us Saturday, October 28th, 10 AM to 2 PM, for Prescription Take Back Day!
All the police departments (listed below) will be open for the community to expose of unused, unwanted, or expired medications safely in their drop boxes!
1. Annapolis Police Department
199 Taylor Avenue, Annapolis, MD
2. Anne Arundel County PD – Northern District
939 Hammonds Lane, Baltimore, MD
3. Anne Arundel County PD – Southern District
35 Stepneys Lane in Edgewater, MD
4. Anne Arundel County PD – Eastern District
204 Pasadena Road in Pasadena, MD
5. Anne Arundel County PD – Western District
8273 Telegraph Road in Odenton, MD
6. Anne Arundel County Police Headquarters
8495 Veterans Highway, Millersville, MD
7. Maryland State Police
6800 Aviation Boulevard, Glen Burnie, MD
Medications that are accepted and are not accepted at drop box locations are described in the above Event image!
In the event that residents encounter controlled dangerous substances other than prescription medications, they should contact the Police Department to have an officer respond to collect those drugs.
Areas We Serve
Contact South County Bridges
Coalition Co-Chairs – Barbara Studer-Baer & Jim Zsiga
Coalition Co- Coordinators – Brian Hinman & Justine Maas
Our Members Include
AA County Board of License Commissioners
AA County Community Action Agency
AA County Department of Health
AA County Executive’s Office of Constituent Services
AA County Partnership for Children, Youth and Families
AA County Police Department
AA County Public Schools
Anne Arundel Community College
Chesapeake Center for Youth Development
Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney
Department of Juvenile Services
Faith Based Services
Pathways Treatment Facility
State Highway Administration
The IMPACT Society
Transforming the Community